Virtual Holy Week Retreat from Palm Sunday through Good Friday
Dear Friends and Members of Opus Angelorum,
Peace in Christ! One of our main ministries is to offer silent retreats around the country which have borne tremendous graces over the years. Unfortunately, due to the Coronavirus pandemic we will probably have to cancel most retreats this year, but will decide and notify you on an individual basis. More than ever do we need to turn to God, to our heavenly Mother and to the holy angels with our whole hearts and beg humbly for grace and protection! Many people have already died, many more will still die, and often alone without their loved ones, and most sadly without a priest and the sacraments. God calls all of us, you and me, to a deeper conversion to Him, to become more Christ-like and, in union with Him, to implore from the Father that no one may die without God's grace and that the world may heed the call to conversion.
The good news is: due to modern technology we can reach you at home while we are preaching from St. Gabriel Monastery.
It may not be exactly the same experience, but by God's grace you will draw many spiritual benefits, even more so in this most sacred liturgical time of the year: Holy Week.
Virtual Holy Week Retreat
As prayer intention for this retreat, we recommend that you offer this retreat – along with your personal intentions –
especially for our own conversion, the conversion of the Church and an end of the pandemic.
Day 1: Palm Sunday, April 5
Conference: The Science of the Cross: Christ's Death & the Holy Spirit
By Fr. William Wagner, ORC
Day 2: Monday of Holy Week, April 6
Conference: Metanoia – The 'Heart' of the Sacrament of Penance
By Fr. William Wagner, ORC
Day 3: Tuesday of Holy Week, April 7
Conference: The Lessons of the Angel of Fatima how to transform this time of Trial into a time of Grace
By Fr. Wolfgang Seitz, ORC
Day 4: Wednesday of Holy Week, April 8
Conference: The Rosary and the Coronavirus
By Fr. Matthew Hincks, ORC
Day 5: Holy Thursday, April 9
Conference: The Eucharist and the Cross – the Love and Power of God
By Fr. John Eudes, ORC
Day 6: Good Friday, April 10
Stations of the Cross
Presented by Br. Isaac Yagley ORC
According to your personal circumstances we recommend that you follow the following format:
Please transform your home into a retreat-like environment as far as possible with moments of SILENCE
1. Pray Morning Prayer of the Liturgy of the Hours online.
2. "Attend" Holy Mass via live stream, for example at EWTN at 8 am or 12 Noon
3. Listen to the daily Conference from one of our priests: Every day of the retreat the respective conference will be made available on our website.
4. Make a Holy Hour: We will live stream the exposed Blessed Sacrament from the Sister's chapel at St. Gabriel Monastery on Palm Sunday from 9 am through 6:30 pm, from Monday through Holy Thursday from 8:30 am through 6:30 pm EST.
5. Meditate on the Daily Mass Readings for 20-30 min.
6. Pray the Rosary: you may participate in the Rosary live streamed from our monastery at 6 pm EST.
7. Pray Evening Prayer of the Liturgy of the Hours.
8. Pray Night Prayer of the Liturgy of the Hours.
May the Cross of Christ be our hope and salvation, and the sorrowful Mother be our support! God bless you all!
Your Brothers and the Sisters of the Holy Cross in OA